Child Care Facilities
The safety and health of the children you will care for is the main focus of Child Care Licensing. This is accomplished through the Wyoming Department of Family Services Wyoming Child Care Licensing Rules.
Under Wyoming law, Child Care providers are required to have an on site health and sanitation inspection of the Child Care establishment (in addition to the inspections conducted by the WY Department of Family Services). The frequency of those health and sanitation inspections depends on the type of licensed Child Care Establishment facility:
Child Care Centers must receive at least one inspection each year. Family Child Care Centers and Family Child Care Homes must receive at least one inspection every 3 years. In the years when an on site inspection is not done, a Child Care Self Appraisal must be done and sent to the Teton County Environmental Health Department
All Child Care facilities on a private water supply must have a bacterial test done every six months. If infants under 1 year old are present, the water supply shall be tested for nitrates every 3 years.
ServSafe® Food Handler Course
New as of January 1, 2015, all childcare facilities who handle food in any way including opening and handling snacks and lunches will now be required to have basic food safety education. This course is approved for STARS credits.
Taking the ServSafe® Food Handler Course Online
This course is designed for all food service workers. We encourage a proactive approach to food safety education and encourage all establishments to educate their staff with the basic food handler course that is offered in Teton County as well as online through ServSafe® website. This course is designed to teach basic food safety to all staff but may be required for at least one person per shift based on inspection performance.
- Hit How to get started located below the Employee Training ServSafe® Food Handler box.
- Click the state of Wyoming located on the map of the United States.
- Click on Add to Shopping Cart in the ServSafe® Food Handler Online Course and Assessment box shown below Assessment box shown below.
- After completing the 40 question online assessment print your certificate and bring to an instructor to sign.
- This is a non-proctored test and you may complete it at your own pace.