Obtaining a Wyoming Title for an Out-Of-State Vehicle

When a Teton County resident purchases a vehicle out-of-state and needs to obtain a Wyoming title and license plates for that vehicle, state law now allows a means to do so.


In addition to a properly signed title or MSO, an odometer disclosure statement (either on the MSO or as a separate attachment from the Dealer), a Wyoming Title Application (PDF), a Security Agreement/Loan Contract or UCC financing statement if the vehicle is financed, and an out-of-state vehicle identification number inspection is required.

VIN Inspections

This VIN inspection can be done by any law enforcement officer, commissioned military officer, State DMV personnel, or Game and Fish Warden (HIN inspections only), but will only be accepted if the inspection has been completed on the bottom section of the Wyoming Title Application (PDF).

When in doubt, give us a shout:

  • Phone: 307-733-4433
  • E-mail: vehicletitles@tetoncountywy.gov
  • Fax: 307-739-8634