Am I required to get permits from the Fire Department?

Yes. Electrical permits are issued by the Town and County Building Departments. The Fire Prevention Bureau and Electrical Division must sign off on all certificates of completion within the Town of Jackson.  The Fire Prevention Bureau must sign all Certificates of Occupancy both in the Town and County. A building may not be occupied without a Certificate of Occupancy.

Show All Answers

1. Can I get an access permit for a levee from the Levee Department?
2. Am I required to submit plans to the Fire Department?
3. Does the Fire Department charge a fee to review plans?
4. Am I required to get permits from the Fire Department?
5. Do I need a permit to install low voltage wiring?
6. Are fire systems contractors required to be licensed?
7. My property is flat. Do I need a grading permit?
8. Do I have to hire an engineer or landscape architect to prepare the drawings for a Grading and Erosion Control Permit?
9. It`s February and I want to install my new septic system soon. Do any seasonal installation restrictions apply?
10. Can I get a septic permit without completing the groundwater monitoring?