Height & Age Requirement for Recreation & Aquatic Center Use
An adult must accompany children in the water who are less than 3.5 feet tall or are non-swimmers, and must remain in the aquatic facility with children under eight years old. This guideline is set not only for children’s safety but for parental assurances as well.
General Aquatic Center Guidelines
Please keep the following guidelines in mind when using the Recreation Center:
- The only flotation devices allowed in the pool are USCG approved lifejackets and puddlejumpers. Water wings, tubes, etc. that are not USCG approved are not permitted. There are lifejackets on the pool deck that are available to use at no charge.
- Mermaid fins are not allowed due to the safety factor of securing the feet together.
- All children under the age of three must wear either a disposable or re-usable swim diaper; both are available at the front desk.
- Proper swimming attire is required.
- Diving board hours may vary according to patron attendance and number of staff.
- Please remove shoes when walking on pool deck.
- An adult must accompany children in the water whom are less than 3.5 feet tall or are non-swimmers, and must remain in the aquatic area with children under eight years old.
- No person age five (5) or older shall use the restroom/washroom designated for the opposite sex. There are four family changing rooms next to the men’s and women’s locker rooms that are available for use.
- If maximum capacity is being reached, a 10-minute break will occur at the top of every hour. Hourly breaks are typically done during summer season.
Available Life Jackets
- US Coast Guard approved life jackets and puddlejumpers are available for use in the aquatic area at no charge.