Titling a Brand New Vehicle

In most cases, the dealer from whom you purchase the new vehicle will forward your paperwork to our office or to your bank or credit union if the vehicle is financed. When we receive the documentation, we will notify you by mail to come to our office and sign a purchaser`s application.

Paperwork Needed

The dealer or lender may have you sign a Wyoming application to send with your paperwork. and you need only obtain copies of the paperwork prior to coming to our Office. If, however, you are coming to our office to transfer the MSO into your name, you will need the following:

  • The original Manufacturer`s Statement of Origin properly signed by the dealership
  • A completed Title Application and VIN Inspection Form 
  • A Security Agreement/Loan Contract or UCC financing statement if the vehicle is financed
  • An odometer disclosure statement (PDF) or the odometer disclosure portion of the MSO properly completed
  • The actual purchase invoice from the dealer and proof of insurance are required by the Treasurer`s Office in order to transfer or issue license plates
  • The Wyoming Sales/Use Tax form provided by the dealer

When in doubt, give us a shout:

  • Phone: 307-733-4433
  • E-mail: vehicletitles@tetoncountywy.gov
  • Fax: 307-739-8634